Subject: installation script and execution instructions

From: Lefteris Soulas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:35:31 -0500

Dear Dennis,

here is the installation script which installs the packages that are needed
for the programs( and some more python packages that I find useful for
future use).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wchg4qhxbgkcklu/installationScript

those commands work in linux environment so I would suggest you to make a
virtual machine or use a pure ubuntu distribution.

For the SketchStatstream
--------------------------------------
please download this new sketch statstream version from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxep0j93q0lml6t/SketchStatstream.zip
you may unzip it and enter the pack folder.
then type
"python main.py"
a gui will pop up prompting you to enter the options you want to pass as
arguments.
specifically the proper way to press the buttons is

1) press "input stream file" , then select as input file this one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdebr2lkegrducn/fi1.csv (after you save it
somewhere in your computer)
2) press "output stream file", then select where you want the csv file with
the correlation pairs to be saved
3) press "proceed"
4) enter 3 as the number of streams (I will do it as you told me so it can
automatically read the number of the streams but I want to search it a bit
more because python can let me
read a csv from the beginning after I read certain lines and I must close
it and reopen it which I don't find pretty -- anyway I will fix it the way
you said)
5) enter 160 as the size of the streams
6) enter 10 as the basic window (you can enter whatever you want)
7) enter 50 as the sliding window (you can enter whatever you want)
8) enter 0.8 as the correlation threshold (you can enter whatever you want)

Just wait and the program will finish and report the correlation in the csv
output file and open the gui where you will see the results graphically.

For the LearnStream
--------------------------------------
please download this new learnStream version from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbnh1n88ker757c/learnStream.rar
you may unzip it and enter the pack folder.

download and unpack the folder which has the data from Timir.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u0xgfad926rno3/2012_05_27.rar

now you have to edit line 8 of testWithRealData.py
you must put the path where you have extracted the folder with the data I
told you to download above.. presently its "/home/lefteris/Desktop/"..
change it to whatever fits your path.
save the file and then run this command inside the folder
python testWithRealData.py
the program will execute (the numbers you see is the round because it takes
a while to finish and I print those number to keep me company :) )
after it finishes you will see the relative errors and the profits for all
the three methods (golden method, plain sgd, our approach).

I hope I haven't forgotten anything. I must go out for dinner but if you
have any problems email me back and I will check it when I return.
Hope you are doing well.
How is your father's health?
Best,
Lefteris

you must
then type
"python main.py"