Subject: Fwd: Network Inference book

From: Jesse Lingeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 11:40:40 -0500

--
Jesse Lingeman
[email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jesse Lingeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: Network Inference book
To: Marco Antoniotti <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dennis Shasha <[email-masked]>

Sorry, forgot to send some instructions on how to use that VM.

You should just be able to import that into VirtualBox under File->Import.

Once you load it up, the username to log in is: netinf and the password is
inference. This user has sudo privileges.

To run a demo script that will use most of the features of the software,
open a terminal and cd into the InferenceWorkspace folder that is in
netinf's home directory. Then type in:

python TestGENIE3.py dream410

Where TestGENIE3.py is the name of the demo script, and dream410 is the
data to use. This will launch 4 different processes in the local job
manager that will run the algorithm on the data, and then return and
generate some graphs and the like. The output will be in the output folder
in the InferenceWorkspace folder.

Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions. I'll let both
of you know once I iron out the issues with Octave (it involves me going
thru and fixing Matlab-only syntax that Octave does not emulate) and I'll
put a new version of both the code and the VM online.

There is also a wiki available at:
https://github.com/smidget/Network-Inference-Workspace/wiki

It is pretty sparse right now, but I'll be adding large updates to it over
the course of the next week.

Thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions or issues.
--
Jesse Lingeman
[email-masked]