[SMT-LIB] Updates on SMTCOMP 2014

David Cok dcok at grammatech.com
Wed May 28 12:20:49 EDT 2014

1) The competition website has been updated to include a participants
page, where details of those participating (so far, mostly, intending to
participate) in the competition are listed. This will be updated as we
receive official submissions:
http://smtcomp.sourceforge.net/2014/participants.shtml

2) Solver authors: Reminder - the preliminary deadline is *June 1*. (The
final deadline is June 15.) Upload your solver to StarExec and send the
organizers an email stating
- the StarExec solver id
- whether you are participating in the main track or application track
or both (may be different solver ids)
- the logics in which you are participating (see the note below on
benchmarks)
- a random seed
- a solver description (can be submitted later)
- who to contact if there are problems.
As soon as we can we will be running trials on the solvers and
benchmarks. While we are not a testing service, we will report to the
contact any problems (e.g., crashes, anonymous results, failures to run,
...) we happen to discover during the run up to the final submission
deadline.

3) Benchmarks. We (+ Clark Barrett) have received and curated many new
benchmarks. In particular, some logics have benchmarks that did not
before and we will run competitions in those divisions. See the list of
logics on the participants page:
http://smtcomp.sourceforge.net/2014/participants.shtml. The new logics
are: BV, UFBV, QF_ABV, QF_UFNIA . We will make the new benchmark
subspace public as soon as we finish the last few benchmarks sets, with
the goal being this coming weekend. The following task will be creating
the subset and difficulty ratings from which the competition benchmark
set will be selected.

4) Rules. A final update to the rules will be in place by this coming
weekend.

5) Separation Logic. A subcommunity researching SMT solvers for
Separation Logic is holding an SL-SMTCOMP, with several solvers and a
set of benchmarks in SMTLIBv2 format. The SMTCOMP organizing committee
will run this competition as a demonstration alongside the regular
SMTCOMP. Over the next year, we expect the SL community and the SMTLIB
coordinators to settle on an appropriate theory, logics, benchmarks and
relationship to classic SMTLIB.

- David
for the organizers