[SMT-LIB] License for the benchmarks

Tinelli, Cesare cesare-tinelli at uiowa.edu
Mon Mar 7 23:24:05 EST 2011

Hi Léon and all,

On 23 Feb 2011, at 04:50, Leon Planken wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Are the benchmarks in SMT-LIB made available under some license?
> For the specific benchmarks I mean [1], no information is included in the smt
> files at least, and I can't find general information on the site either.

The benchmarks are not currently distributed under any formal license, there is an understanding though that they can be freely used.

> More to the point: would there be any problem with distributing graphs
> derived from these SMT files under a Creative Commons license (CC-BY or
> CC-BY-SA), of course making reference to SMT-LIB and the original benchmarks?

I do not believe there would be any problems with that. I think it is safe for you to go ahead.

Cesare, also for the other SMT-LIB coordinators

PS: Léon's request points out that it is time for the SMT-LIB initiative to decide on what kind of license to adopt for its artifacts. I'm going to send a message about this to this list next.