[SMT-LIB] Version 2.0 of SMT-LIB is finally here!

Cesare Tinelli tinelli at cs.uiowa.edu
Wed Feb 10 02:43:59 EST 2010

Dear all,

we are pleased to announce that, after a very long gestation, we are very close to finalizing Version 2.0 of the SMT-LIB standard. An almost final draft of the reference document is available at

http://www.smt-lib.org/papers/v2-ref-manual-draft.pdf

The document has been prepared with the input and feedback of three working groups, consisting of SMT researchers, developers and power users.

We encourage interested people in this wider list to take a look at the document and give us their feedback **by the end of this month.**

We plan to finalize the document and make the version official right after that. Our goal is to run SMT-COMP'10 with Version 2.0. So enough lead time will be needed for us to convert the existing benchmarks and for SMT-COMP participants to upgrade their solvers to Version 2.0.

Some aspects of the standard, mostly regarding a few commands in the new scripting language, are still under discussion (such commands are currently not in the document above).
We intend to continue the discussion in the working groups in the next couple of weeks hoping to come to an agreement on those commands by the end of the month. If we do not, we may have to leave some commands or features out for now, and postpone their introduction to Version 2.1.

Aaron, Clark and Cesare
SMT-LIB coordinators