[SMT-LIB] simplify test suite and boogie benchmarks in AUFLIA logic

Michal Moskal michal.moskal at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:43:23 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I've updated, as requested by Clark. The changes are:
- the symbols / and % are not used, uninterpreted divide and modulo
operators are used
- * is only used on constants, otherwise uninterpreted function multiply is used

This probably made some benchmarks that were previously unsatisfiable,
satisfiable (for example is there is an axiom forall x. ... x*y ....,
if it was instantiated with x being constant it would work in the old
translation, but in the new translation, multiply is used in the axiom
instead).

It seems there is only one Boogie benchmark affected by this, namely
Search_Search.Reverse_Div_System.Int32.array_notnull-noinfer.smt,
otherwise fx7 is still able to prove the benchmarks expected to unsat.
It also proves the ones, that were previously in the non-linear
directory, it seems the non-linearity was not crucial.

As for simplify test suite benchmarks, there is several ones, that are
failing for me. I've put them in *_possibly_sat directories.

cvc3 -lang smtlib +translate now reports the benchmarks to be in
AUFLIA logic. BTW, it seems to translate (distinct ...) into quadratic
number of inequalities.

The updated files are:
http://nemerle.org/~malekith/smt/benchmarks/boogie-AUFLIA-2007.05.02.tar.bz2
http://nemerle.org/~malekith/smt/benchmarks/simplify_benchmarks-AUFLIA-2007.05.02.tar.bz2

I would like to bring up the problem of triggers in the benchmarks. I
was hoping for the triggers to be also present in benchmarks in the
competition:
- they are there in the original benchmarks,
- the SMT standard mentions triggers as a possible use for
annotations, it just doesn't define the syntax,
- changing any SMT solver, that currently infers triggers, so that it
can also read the explicit ones seems like a simple hack for me.

I agree it might be controversial to have them introduced that late though...

What do you think about adding them to the SMT standard anyway?

--
   Michał