SMT-LIB: on the CADE'03 workshop

Cesare Tinelli tinelli at cs.uiowa.edu
Mon Dec 2 13:03:18 EST 2002

Dear all,

as we mentioned in the startup message of this discussion list,
we plan to organize a CADE'03 workshop on practical aspects
of decision procedures in automated deduction.
The workshop will solicit contributions on practical issues in
implementing decision procedures and their combinations, in
integrating them into larger automated reasoning systems, and
in evaluating them experimentally.
We will ask for submissions of 10-12 pages, and expect to have
a program committee in place to help us with the organization
and the reviewing process.

Clearly, this workshop should interest everybody in this list.
But it is especially relevant to the SMT-LIB initiative because
we plan to include in it one or more panel discussions on the
SMT-LIB format. Our goal is to use these meetings to finalize
the format and so proceed with the standardization of the
various benchmarks collected until then.

Your collaboration and participation to the workshop is then
crucial to its success. It would greatly help us if some of you
agreed to be part of the workshop's PC.
To keep the PC size manageable, we must regrettably restrict our
invitation to the non-student members of this list. Also, to
assure the largest possible variety, we would prefer to have no
more than one person per research group.

The deadline for worshop proposals is this Dec 15. We are going
to circulate a draft of the proposal soon, asking for your
feedback and suggestions.
In the meantime, if you would like to be a PC member, please let
one of us know immediately (responding to our personal address,
not to this list).

Best,

Silvio & Cesare

PS: CADE'03 will be held on Jul 28--Aug 2, 2003 in Miami,
     Florida. See http://www.cade-19.info/ for more info.