About your message

Silvio.Ranise@loria.fr Silvio.Ranise at loria.fr
Sun Sep 22 13:16:22 EDT 2002

Dear Greg,

 thanks a lot for your detailed and stimulating email.  I haven't had yet
enough time to read it in detail.  Tomorrow, I will do that.
 In this email, I would like to point out that you and your group
could already start to set up a local web page with your benchmarks.
In fact, as pointed out in our first email to the mailing list, we
wish to be practical and start collecting the benchmarks as soon as
possible.  The discussion about the common format is a very important
activity but we believe it could be done in parallel with the activity
of collecting benchmarks.
 Of course in this first phase, each group will provide the benchmarks
in its own format.  To this end, we have provided a template to ease the
pain of setting up the local web page (see the link

    http://goedel.cs.uiowa.edu/smtlib/contact.html

in the central web page of SMT-LIB to download the template).
 Once the discussion about the commmon format will be concluded and the
common format specified in detail, we will start developing translation
tools for the benchmarks already available in SMT-LIB.
 I am sure that you and your group will provide a lot of interesting
benchmarks to SMT-LIB and I am sure that your realize that such
benchmarks are of paramount importance to augment the visibility of our
initiative in its initial phase.

 Best regards,

   Silvio Ranise.