[SMT-COMP] Contribution of QF_FPBV and QF_FPABV benchmarks

Christoph Wintersteiger cwinter at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 24 13:21:57 EDT 2017

Hi Dan, Clark, all,

Thanks Clark for the detailed answer!

In addition to what Clark said, it may be helpful to know that benchmarks without status annotation won't be used in the SMT competition (afaik), so if you are reasonably confident of the status, please do add it.

Regarding Z3's fp.to_ieee_bv, here is what the FP theory definition says:

:note
 "There is no function for converting from (_ FloatingPoint eb sb) to the
  corresponding IEEE 754-2008 binary format, as a bit vector (_ BitVec m) with
  m = eb + sb, because (_ NaN eb sb) has multiple, well-defined representations.
  Instead, an encoding of the kind below is recommended, where f is a term
  of sort (_ FloatingPoint eb sb):

   (declare-fun b () (_ BitVec m))
   (assert (= ((_ to_fp eb sb) b) f))
 "

So, a quick dirty hack is to simply replace all occurrrences of fp.to_ieee_bv with new, uninterpreted functions. If your infrastructure makes it easy to add the additional assertions/constraints on them you could add those too. Of course, semantics for NaNs may be different, but that may not be important in the context of SMTLIB.

Cheers,
Christoph

Christoph M. Wintersteiger | Researcher | Tel: +44 1223 479724 | Fax: +44 1223 479999 | https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/people/cwinter/

Microsoft Research Limited (company number 03369488) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at 21 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2FB