[SMT-COMP] SMT-COMP 2016: Application Track Testing

Mate Soos soos.mate at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 20:05:57 EDT 2016

Hi Clark,

On 06/12/2016 06:06 PM, Clark Barrett wrote:
> Hi all - I believe we had this exact problem in the 2014 competition.
> The default stack size for a thread is 2 mb unless you explicitly set it
> to be more.  We fixed it by using the boost threading library and
> explicitly setting the stack size.  For the competition, we asked David
> Cok to rerun our patched executable as a noncompetitive entry (i.e. just
> for comparison purposes) which he did.  Perhaps a similar compromise
> would be appropriate here.  Sorry you guys got bit by this - I know how
> frustrating that is.

Thanks! Yep, a bit of a pain, though I look a this more as a way to
learn, which I (hopefully) seem to do. Next time we'll make sure to ask
ulimit to be set to a fixed value (like 8M) rather than "unlimited"
which seems pretty limiting, actually :) To be honest, I'm not sure it
would have made such a difference to the end results. I still need to
work harder on some of the multi-threaded stuff.

Thanks for the kind email :)

Mate