[SMT-COMP] SMT-COMP 2016: Application Track Testing

Mate Soos soos.mate at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:59:17 EDT 2016

Hi Aaron,

First of all, thanks for getting back to me!

On 06/10/2016 09:11 PM, Aaron Stump wrote:
> I am sorry you ran into a problem with stack size.  We are actually not
> setting the stack limit explicitly in our jobscript.  What are you
> seeing that makes you think it is lower than what is shown with "ulimit
> -s" (namely, 8192KB)?  This value should have been something one could
> see with the VM instance (though we are due to update that in the next
> week or so, but I don't expect major changes).
>
> Certainly one could ask for a higher stack limit than 8MB, and I would
> be happy to have us raise this or make it configurable.

I think the stack limit was about 2MB -- and I think it might have been
because it was set to:

ulimit -s unlimited

Yep -- unlimited stack is actually more limiting for whatever reason. I
have default 8MB (Ubuntu/Debian default), RedHat Linux default has 10MB.
Can you please create an example run with the system that ran the SMT
Competition that simply runs

ulimit -a

please? That would clear things up :)

Thanks a lot in advance,