[SMT-COMP] [SMT-LIB] SMT-COMP 2016: Draft Rules and Timeline Available

Christoph Wintersteiger cwinter at microsoft.com
Tue May 17 07:15:40 EDT 2016

I agree, reducing the entry barrier is the most important reason I think. We had discussion about that in the past, but somehow they always end 50/50%.

In my opinion, any undefined behavior can always be encoded into UFs or quantifiers (if your solver of choice supports it) and in pretty much all of those instances, the undefined behavior has been put in place for the very reason that we can't make that choice for the user. I think that forcing users to put those UFs where they need it is a good idea, as they need to be aware of those details, and internally I suppose most solvers do exactly the same anyways.

Cheers,
Christoph

Christoph M. Wintersteiger | Researcher | Tel: +44 1223 479724 | Fax: +44 1223 479999 | research.microsoft.com/people/cwinter

Microsoft Research Limited (company number 03369488) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at 21 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2FB