[SMT-COMP] SMTCOMP news - a provisional Bronze medal winner

David Cok dcok at grammatech.com
Fri Jun 20 12:21:23 EDT 2014

Overnight SMT-COMP 2014 passed the 50% mark.

More significantly the QF_BV division finished, with Boolector in the
lead as the provisional Bronze medal winner. A new submission by Mate
Soos based on STP came in second.

I say 'provisional' because when all the data are in hand, we will
perform some sanity checks to be sure we have counted job results
properly, run every solver as expected, and that there is no anomalous
data, duplicate results, missing results, etc. We will also make all the
data public in a consolidated, convenient form.

At this point most of the divisions are completed, with just 10 still
computing.

We did have one problem discovered in the past day. One of the solvers
was 'recycled' in StarExec, causing all job-pairs with that solver to
fail from that time on. That problem has been corrected (the original,
submitted solver was retrieved), and those job-pairs have been
rescheduled for processing.

So a note for all the solvers: I have made StarExec archival copies of
your solvers. However, all the competition jobs are running with links
to your original submissions, so I could be sure that I was using the
correct solver and configuration (by id number). Don't delete or recycle
those solvers, at least until the competition is officially complete.

Another policy issue arose: one solver on one benchmark  issued a result
(20 sec) within the timeout period, but did not terminate immediately
and was recorded with a timeout status. We decided to count this as a
solved benchmark (not yet reflected in the displayed data). It does not
make any material change in the results. As a guideline however, we
suggest that in the future solvers configured for competition terminate
as promptly as possible (even if messily) after issuing an answer to
avoid this race condition.

- David