[SMT-COMP] Update on SMTCOMP 2014 for the wider SMT community

David Cok dcok at grammatech.com
Wed Jun 4 13:51:25 EDT 2014

If you are interested in the SMTCOMP 2014 competition begin held between
now and the SMT workshop in Vienna in mid-July:

June 1 was the deadline for preliminary versions of solvers to be
submitted to the organizers. We have nearly all of them available on
StarExec, with just a few problems with some solvers that have never
been part of this infrastructure before.

Bottom line: we have 20 competing solvers from 14 teams, including 5
solvers from teams that never participated in SMTCOMP before and others
that have returned after an absence. See the list on
http://smtcomp.sourceforge.net/2014/participants.shtml

Two groups that have participated in the past (Z3 and MathSAT) are not
entering this year because their research priorities have been
elsewhere. The organizers will include current versions of those tools
for non-competitive comparison purposes only.

The benchmark set has also been considerably increased, with several
thousand new benchmarks from a variety of contributors; in particular
there are benchmarks produced by verification tools in action
("industrial" benchmarks). We'll report a final tally later. Of note is
that the benchmarks were recategorized into the minimal logic needed to
express the benchmark. As a result of both the recategorization and new
submissions, we now have benchmarks for 34 different SMT logics
(compared to 22 in SMTEVAL 2013).

Finally, we have a parallel competition SL-SMTCOMP using a logic and
theory that includes Separation Logic. The concrete syntax is the same
as that used for SMTCOMP. In that inaugural competition, we have 8
solvers from 7 teams.

With all the preliminary solvers and new benchmarks submitted , we are
now concentrating on determining difficulty classifications for the
benchmarks, checking benchmark correctness, running trial
mini-competitions using the preliminary solvers, helping with solver
problems that are being found, and planning the resources needed for the
competition.

- David, David and Tjark