On the set of all unique elements

Monroe Eskew monroe.eskew at univie.ac.at
Sat Jan 7 08:34:23 EST 2023

I think the abstract structure you’re looking for is a “discrete linear order without endpoints.”  The order-structure of the integers (with all algebraic operations removed) is the prime example. There are other examples, but the integers are “prime”— the one that can be embedded into any other. They can also be characterized by saying additionally that there are only finitely many elements between any two.  (But finiteness is not first-order definable.)

Also note that the structure has many automorphisms, by “shifting” over any number of elements left or right.