Fw: Two Queries about Univalent Foundations

Epstein, Adam A.L.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Feb 19 09:50:49 EST 2023

Hi Kevin.

I hadn't realized this:
"However the majority of entries in this table are proved using techniques which rely on the analytic interpretation. The univalent people don't have access to this analytic interpretation and hence they seem to be currently far more limited in what they can prove;"

Can you be more explicit here? Which arguments do you have in mind? Presumably, "analytic" refers to the use of the actual unit interval of real numbers, as opposed to some formal categorically formulation via lifting properties? Can you signpost some operation, some long exact sequence, etc. that requires analytic tools?

Adam Epstein