Another look at disinformation

dennis.hamilton at acm.org dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Sat Oct 15 12:42:51 EDT 2022

Although we have exhausted the consideration of Shannon’s entropy as having much relevance to detection of disinformation, those curious about Disinformation Detection may be interested about a notice from The University of Dundee that just reached my inbox from the [folli] list..

“The Centre for Argument Technology (www.arg.tech <http://www.arg.tech> ) is advertising two vacancies in a larger research project on Argument Mining and Disinformation Detection, one for a PhD studentship and the other for a postdoctoral researcher.”

…

“More information for the postdoc can be found at http://arg.tech/TITAN-Postdoc and for the studentship at http://arg.tech/TITAN-PhD or by emailing the Principal Investigator, Dr. John Lawrence (john at arg.tech <mailto:john at arg.tech> ). Deadline for applications 4 November 2022.”

The effort appears to be centered on Natural Language Processing and perhaps some form of AI/ML application.

*	Dennis