Russell on Gödel; Re: Odifreddi: Godel's proof of the existence of God (FOM Digest, Vol 239, Issue 13)

Alexander M Lemberg sandylemberg at juno.com
Fri Nov 18 21:08:53 EST 2022

I cited the Alasdair Urquhart article because I had just come across it
and was interested because I hold Urquhart in high regard.

Now that I have read the article, I enthusiastically recommend it to
anyone on this list serve who is interested in Russell or Godel. It
contains detailed background to the quote from the letter to Henkin
(which apparently is authentic) and the quote from Mac Lane. There is
quite a bit of information from Russell himself about his state of mind
at various stages of his life.

Urquhart clearly put a lot of effort into this article and the result is
an excellent and important piece of scholarship.

Sandy

ps

can anyone suggest what I can do to prevent my computer from introducing
unwanted characters, as shown in the rendering of the text below? Thanks