Odifreddi: G?del's proof of the existence of God

Timothy Y. Chow tchow at math.princeton.edu
Sat Nov 12 04:41:53 EST 2022

On Sat, 12 Nov 2022, Christoph Benzmueller wrote:
> as far I am aware, the inconsistency, or bug as you call it, in Gödel‘s
> (1970) axioms was not known before, but found by our theorem prover
> Leo-II (and we mention this in the paper).
>
> However, if you have a reference where the inconsistency was reported
> earlier, please share.

My phrase "just how bad the bug would be" was referring to the
inconsistency.  That discovery is what I meant was your contribution.

By "bug" I just meant that it was already known that there was a problem
with Goedel's argument as literally stated, and it was also known how to
repair Goedel's argument to make it correct.

Tim