Explosion and Cut Necessary

Tennant, Neil tennant.9 at osu.edu
Wed May 25 14:53:59 EDT 2022

Gosh, Jo, you must therefore have proved that Classical Logic itself is inconsistent. (Core Logic is a proper subsystem of Classical Logic.)

Old-timers on this list might recall Eduard Wette's claim that classical propositional logic becomes inconsistent as soon as it has 10^(10^10) propositional variables. At one LMPS conference I attended, Dana Scott told Wette to 'put up or shut up'. Wette calmly replied that his proof was documented in 36 hours of video presentations available from his research institute in Bonn.

Best regards,
Neil

https://prabook.com/web/eduard_wilhelm.wette/249594
[https://prabook.com/web/show-photo.jpg?id=1496706]<https://prabook.com/web/eduard_wilhelm.wette/249594>
Eduard Wilhelm Wette (February 4, 1925 — 2009), German mathematician | World Biographical Encyclopedia<https://prabook.com/web/eduard_wilhelm.wette/249594>
Eduard Wilhelm Wette, German mathematician. Recipient prize Bonn University, 1968. With 405 Regiment, 1944-1945. Member Association Symbolic Logic, American Mathematical Society, mathematics Association American, History of Science Society, New York Academy of Sciences, Centro Superiore di Logica e Scienze Comparate.
prabook.com