New manuscripi on NP $\neq$ co=NP

Lew Gordeew lew.gordeew at uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Mar 7 03:10:56 EST 2022

Dear Martin,

I am confused about your manuscript. For in Description you wrote
"Here, a much simpler method is considered , which yields a remarkably
simple proof that NP = co-NP", whereas your Abstract says "Here, a
much simpler method is considered , which yields a remarkably simple
proof that NP ≠ co-NP". Which statement is correct?

Let me mention that even stronger equalities NP = co-NPNP = PSPACE
have been already proved and published:
[1] L. Gordeev, E. H. Haeusler, "Proof Compression and NP Versus
PSPACE II", Bulletin of the Section of Logic (49) (3): 213–230 (2020),
[2] L. Gordeev, E. H. Haeusler, "Proof Compression and NP Versus
PSPACE II: Addendum", Bulletin of the Section of Logic (51), 9 pp.
(2022), Published online: January 07, 2022;
http://dx.doi.org/10.18788/0138-0680.2022.01.

Since our basic paper [1] uses complex proof theoretic methods, we
also elaborated an easy overview:
"On proof theory in computational complexity: overview",
https://arxiv.org/abs/2201.04118.

Best wishes,
LG