Classics/Ancient Philosophy Editorial Scholarships for Dyslexic PGRs

Louise Chapman louise at lexacademic.com
Fri Jan 14 15:53:44 EST 2022

Dear list-members,

I am writing to let you know about the competition for the Lex Academic Classics Scholarship.<https://www.lexacademic.com/scholarships/> At Lex Academic, we recognise the important contribution of dyslexic individuals to academic research and broader society. Often meeting with discouragement in mainstream education, we believe that exceptionally promising dyslexic students deserve investment and support, helping them to realise the potential of their ideas.

To this end, we have established two Lex Academic Scholarships to nurture talented researchers with dyslexia. In addition to a bursary of £500, Lex Academic Scholars will receive gratis proofreading services for their Classics MA/PhD theses, provided by the award-winning, Oxbridge-educated editors at Lex Academic.

To be eligible to apply for an award, you must hold an offer of admission for a postgraduate Classics degree with a thesis or extended project component. You may also be studying a Classics-adjacent subject, such as Ancient Philosophy.

While there are no country restrictions for these awards, your thesis must be written in English. You may also apply for an award if you have already begun your postgraduate degree. You must have been diagnosed with dyslexia by an educational psychologist to be eligible for an award.

Kind regards,

Louise Chapman
CEO | Lex Academic