genealogy

Wayne Richter wayner at umn.edu
Mon May 24 22:54:19 EDT 2021

*Wayne Richter* (wayner at umn.edu)
This recent discussion reminded me of a logic meeting a long time ago.
At dinner a number  of us were sitting together and someone raised the
question of who had more students, Church or Kleene?
Kleene was present and was informed of the count: as I remember, it was
twelve for Kleene and thirteen for Church. Church was ahead by one, but
only because Kleene was himself a student of Church.  I don't remember who
else was present, but probably Yiannis Moschovakis was, and may remember
it.