zoom series on tangible incompleteness by Harvey Friedman

Andreas Weiermann Andreas.Weiermann at UGent.be
Tue May 11 09:07:06 EDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

to whom it may concern.

I put all recordings of the zoom sessions by Harvey M. Friedman on tangible incompleteness
on the following preliminary webpage.

http://cage.ugent.be/~weierman/P.html

The next session will be given next Wednesday (tomorrow) 4pm CEST.

The passcode can be obtained from me on request.

(We will use the same link as last time.)

Here is the plan for the following lectures.

PLANNED AGENDA FOR UPCOMING GENT LECTURES

#5, #6. 5/12/21. 5/19/21. We give a proof of

THEOREM 1. Every subset of Q[-1,1]^2  has an ush stable maximal emulator.

using transfinite recursion on omega_1 x 3. We then sharpen the proof to prove

THEOREM 2. Every subset of Q[-1,1]^k has an ush stable maximal r-emulator.

We then introduce squares, sides, graphs, cliques, r-cubes, r-sides,
r-graphs, r-cliques. Using transfinite recursion on omega_1 x 3, we
prove

THEOREM 3. Every order invariant subset of Q[-1,1]^kr has an ush
stable maximal r-side.

Theorems 1-3 are implicitly Pi01 by Goedel's Completeness Theorem.

#7, #8. 5/26/21, 6/2/21. We give a proof of

We introduce the N tail, N tail shift, and N tail shift stability. We prove

THEOREM 4. Every order invariant subset of Q[-n,n]^k has a Ntsh stable
maximal r-side.

using the consistency of the SRP hierarchy of large cardinals. We
prove some variants some of which draw on large cardinals of lesser
strength. THeorem 4 is also implicitly Pi01 by Goedel's Completeness
Theorem.

Best,
Andreas