On the adoption of formalised math

Carette, Jacques carette at mcmaster.ca
Wed Mar 3 12:39:57 EST 2021

As Mathematics is not just about proof, readers of FOM might also be interested in
Big Math and the One-Brain Barrier: The Tetrapod Model of Mathematical Knowledge, J. Carette, W.M. Farmer, M. Kohlhase, F. Rabe
The Mathematical Intelligencer (2020)
https://doi.org/10.1007/s00283-020-10006-0
(it's open access, so all can download it)

Tool support can help with many of the different aspects of mathematics. For example, our students and fellow mathematicians would benefit greatly if we paid as much attention to narrative as we do to proof.

Jacques