ML and CH

JOSEPH SHIPMAN joeshipman at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 21:03:20 EST 2021

This paper shows that a combinatorial problem with an interpretation in the field of machine learning is equivalent to the continuum hypothesis.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1711.05195.pdf

I expect there is a reformulation of the machine learning situation that is empirically indistinguishable from it but which corresponds to combinatorics decidable within ZF; but I’d like to hear what computer scientists have to say about this.

— JS

Sent from my iPhone