Need example from number theory

Raphael Douady rdouady at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 00:49:45 EDT 2021

Gyorgy's example is a good case of *unnecessary* use of AC.
The school case where it is necessary is Tychonoff theorem and Czech
compactification: any product of compact sets for the product topology is
compact. Unlimited consequences in functional analysis.
In number theory, it implies the existence of an algebraic closure for any
field, and also the incomplete base theorem, which is very important in
number field theory.