Need example from number theory

Gyorgy Sereny sereny at math.bme.hu
Sat Aug 28 16:40:13 EDT 2021

The most elementary example of the necessary use of AC I know
(of course, it is not number theory):

  (5.3) The union of a countable family of countable sets is countable.
  (By the way, this often used fact cannot be proved in ZF alone.)

  To prove (5.3) let A_n be a countable set for each n \in N.
  For each n, let us _choose_ an enumeration (a_nk: k \in N) of A_n. [...]

  (Thomas Jech: Set Theory
  Second Corrected Edition, p.39)

Gyorgy Sereny