Call for Registration: 31st Novembertagung on the History and Philosophy of Mathematics

Monroe Eskew monroe.eskew at univie.ac.at
Tue Nov 10 04:06:49 EST 2020

Of course, nonstandard analysis is perfectly compatible with ZF, and it was through set-theoretic methods that Robinson gave nonstandard analysis a firm foundation and ignited a renaissance of infinitesimal reasoning.  Are you suggesting that it is preferable to leave infinitesimals as unformalized or as logically primitive?

Best,
Monroe