Mathematical results related to the heuristic Principle of Computational Equivalence

Mitchell Spector spector at alum.mit.edu
Thu May 7 12:56:56 EDT 2020

Is any example known of a natural recursively enumerable set of Turing degree intermediate between 0
and 0'?  Or is there a definition of "natural" under which one can prove that there is no such set?

Lachlan proved that any construction of such a set can't be relativizable in a uniform way.
Reference: Lachlan, A. H. “Uniform Enumeration Operations.” The Journal of Symbolic Logic, vol. 40,
no. 3, 1975, pp. 401–409. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/2272164. Accessed 7 May 2020.

Mitchell Spector