Fwd: Request

Martin Davis martin at eipye.com
Thu Mar 12 19:01:46 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Joshua Schwartz <regimented at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 3:56 PM

The John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking mathematics and
logic teachers for its summer courses. Would you be willing to post the
following recruitment note from CTY to FOM? (I taught mathematical logic to
7th and 8th graders last summer after responding to a similar call that I
found on FOM. The experience was incredible - I'll be returning again this
summer.)

Best,

Joshua

.

.

.

The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) has very exciting summer
teaching employment opportunities in *mathematics and logic*. We are
currently looking for instructor and teaching assistant candidates.
Competitive instructor candidates typically have significant graduate
coursework in the field, as well as independent teaching experience.
Teaching assistant candidates typically have either advanced undergraduate
or introductory graduate coursework and some tutoring experience. Working
with CTY in the summer can provide a great experience for you or your
graduate/undergraduate students to work with small classes of bright and
motivated students, teaching interesting enrichment subjects. Courses we
are looking to hire for that may be of particular interest to this listserv
are Mathematical Logic, Introduction to Logic, Logic: Principles of
Reasoning, and Paradoxes and Infinities. Positions are available at
residential and day sites at various locations on the *East and West coasts*.
Room and board are provided in addition to salary for staff at residential
sites. Opportunities are available for staff to work either three or six
weeks.

If you have students in your department that might be good candidates to
help teach young students and get them excited about the field, then please
forward the message along. More information and our online application can
be found here https://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/.

Best,

Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY)

Summer Recruitment Team