CFP: Logic and Formal Methods in Philosophy (Deadline May 15)

Boon, Ian Gregory iboon at humnet.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 5 22:17:36 EST 2020

On Monday-Tuesday September 28-29, 2020, the UCLA Philosophy department will host a workshop entitled "Logic and Formal Methods in Philosophy."
We are delighted to announce the following invited speakers:

 - Hannes Leitgeb, Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy (Keynote)
 - Ray Briggs, Stanford University
 - Thomas Icard, Stanford University
 - Michael Caie, University of Toronto
 - Kai Wehmeier, UC Irvine

We are now seeking additional contributions in formal philosophy, broadly construed.
Submissions on any topic are welcome, but should involve the application of logical or mathematical techniques to some degree.
We especially encourage submissions from members of underrepresented groups, graduate students and early career scholars.

The deadline for submission is May 15.
Submissions should be prepared for anonymous review.
Please include a separate cover letter which lists the author's name, institution, and contact information, and includes a brief abstract of the submission.

Papers should be emailed as an attachment to the conference organizers (FormalPhilosophyUCLA at gmail.com).
Any additional questions should be directed to Ian Boon (iboon at humnet.ucla.edu).