[FOM] Foundational Challenge

Joe Shipman joeshipman at aol.com
Fri Jan 17 14:57:46 EST 2020

Can you please state a precisely worded proposition explaining what you mean by “quadratic blowups”?

My impression is that you mean “in my alternative foundational scheme, there is a class of theorems whose proofs, when translated into ZFC in the standard way, increase in length by a quadratic function.”

However, if you can prove that, then either your foundation proves things about sets that ZFC doesn’t (if it is stronger than ZFC), or there is no genuine quadratic blowup (If it is sufficiently weaker than ZFC that ZFC proves its soundness), or something strange in between.

— JS

Sent from my iPhone