[FOM] Improving Set Theory/Self Proving

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 15 06:44:28 EST 2020

It is simply that there is an immense difference in what they do. For LaTeX you are simply putting marks on a page, and when you write D^2 you aren’t concerned with the numerous different meanings that could have. For computer algebra, you are concerned with a tiny fragment of the world of mathematics. But with proof assistants, people want to talk about anything from block designs to forcing to homology theory and expect it all to work smoothly.

Larry Paulson