[FOM] Foundational Challenge

Joe Shipman joeshipman at aol.com
Sat Jan 11 01:26:56 EST 2020

Riki, my analogy with physics is intended to highlight the professional concerns of researchers. Working physicists have no use for alternative interpretations of quantum mechanics because, so far, they have provided neither new predictions nor easier ways to get to known results.

I claim that alternative foundations for mathematics ought to meet a similar test—help working mathematicians find new results or reach old ones more easily.

Examples, please.

— JS

Sent from my iPhone