Call for Contributions to ICALP/LiCS Workshop on Decidable Fragments of First-order Modal Logic

Yanjing Wang wangyanjing at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 03:06:55 EST 2020

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS

ICALP/LICS 2020 Satellite Workshop on
Decidable Fragments of First-order Modal Logic
July 6, 2020
Saarbrücken, Germany

Workshop webpage: http://wangyanjing.com/decfoml/

First-order modal logic is a natural specification language for
describing properties of many infinite-state systems, but it is
notoriously undecidable, in the sense that even simple fragments
(like the two-variable fragment) are undecidable. Despite this,
in the recent few years, researchers have managed to find some
useful syntactic restrictions that yield decidability.

The workshop is intended as a review of this rapidly evolving
direction of research. We seek to identify new potential
techniques for constructing decision procedures.

Invited Speakers:

Erich Grädel (RWTH Aachen)
Ian Pratt-Hartmann (University of Manchester)
Frank Wolter (University of Liverpool)

Contributions

We invite short abstracts of up to 5 pages in 12-point
article style, outlining research in this area. We welcome
accounts of already published research or work in progress.
There will be no workshop proceedings, this abstract is only
for sharing among participants.

Please send your abstract by email to the two organizers listed
below before **** March 20, 2020, Friday **** The decision will
be notified by March 31, 2020.

Workshop organizers:
R. Ramanujam (IMSc, India): jam at imsc.res.in