New paper on P vs NP

Lew Gordeew lew.gordeew at uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Dec 30 05:04:35 EST 2020

Hello dear fans of computational complexity,

enclosing a new paper on P vs NP

http://arxiv.org/abs/2005.00809

Abstract: I generalize a well-known result that P = NP fails for
monotone polynomial circuits - more precisely, that the clique problem
CLIQUE(k^4,k) is not solvable by Boolean (AND,OR)-circuits of the size
polynomial in k. In the other words, there is no Boolean
(AND,OR)-formula F expressing that a given graph with k^4 vertices
contains a clique of k elements, provided that the circuit length of
F, cl(F), is polynomial in k. In fact, for any solution F in question,
cl(F) must be exponential in k. Moreover this holds also for DeMorgan
normal (abbr.: DMN) (AND,OR)-formulas F that allow negated variables.
Based on the latter observation I consider an arbitrary
(AND,OR,NOT)-formula F and recall that standard NOT-conversions to DMN
at most double circuit length. Hence for any Boolean solution F of
CLIQUE(k^4,k), cl(F) is exponential in k. I conclude that
CLIQUE(k^4,k) is not solvable by polynomial-size Boolean circuits, and
hence P is not NP. The entire proof is formalizable by standard
methods in the exponential function arithmetic EFA.

All proofs (if correct) are elementary.

Regards,
LG