Re: the missing umlaut on Gödel's gravestone

Annatala Wolf a.lupine at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:34:27 EST 2020

Given the essential and culturally sensitive sociological purposes of a
grave site, I don't believe it is appropriate to treat a grave or memorial
as a simple historical document. If they accidentally placed Gödel's name
on the wrong tombstone, or if the initial carver had added a tiny racial
slur that had gone unnoticed, I doubt anypony would suggest that such a
thing should remain to document its own existence. Gödel was a human being
and is entitled to dignity even in death. His name should be properly
spelled.

--
/* Annatala Wolf, Lecturer
 * Department of Computer Science and Engineering