[FOM] Workshop on proof theory, modal logic and reflection principles: call for participation

Eduardo Hermo Reyes ehermo.reyes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 10:15:48 EDT 2019

*CALL FOR PARTICIPATION - LIMITED AVAILABILITY*
Workshop on Proof Theory, Modal Logic and Reflection Principles (Lustrum
Edition)
*Date*: November 5-8, 2019
*Location*: Barcelona, Spain
*Webpage*: http://www.phil.uu.nl/~jjoosten/events/2019wormshop/

*Topics:*

We are proud to announce the lustrum edition of the international
workshop "Proof Theory, Modal Logic and Reflection Principles." The
workshop (also known as the "Wormshop") will take place at the
University of Barcelona from Tuesday, November 5 until Friday, November
8, 2019.

The tradition of modal logics inspired on the notion of formal proof
dates back to Gödel, but their study has gained great momentum in the
last decade due to novel applications in the foundations of mathematics.
Their study moreover requires the interaction of several disciplines in
mathematical logic and beyond, including computational logic, proof
theory, and point-set topology.

The aim of this workshop is to bring together experts in relevant fields
in order to discuss recent advances and foster new collaborations.
Topics include but are not restricted to:
(*) Provability logics and algebras
(*) Lightweight fragments of modal logics
(*) Proof theory and ordinal analysis
(*) Weak and strong systems of arithmetic
(*) Modalities in topology and set theory
(*) Justification logics and logics of proofs
(*) Computability and complexity

This edition of the workshop is the fifth in the series. The previous
conferences took place in Barcelona (2012), Mexico City (2014), Tbilisi
(2016) and Moscow (2017). This year we are returning to our roots in
Barcelona to celebrate the lustrum edition, with a stellar lineup of
invited speakers from across the globe
(http://www.phil.uu.nl/~jjoosten/events/2019wormshop/#speakers).

*Registration:*
*There are limited places available*. If you are interested in attending
the workshop, please e-mail Eduardo Hermo-Reyes at ehermo.reyes at ub.edu
and fill out the form https://forms.gle/qVTKzeh58GxvBRTh8.

*Organizing committee:*
Joan Bagaria, Ana de Almeida Borges, Juan José Conejero Rodrı́guez,
Mireia González Bedmar, Eduardo Hermo Reyes, Joost J. Joosten (Chair),
Eric Sancho Adamson