[FOM] How real are real numbers?

Ben Sherman sherman at csail.mit.edu
Sat Jan 19 14:00:13 EST 2019

This reminds me of Solomon Feferman’s arguments that system W, a predicative formal system that is conservative over Peano Arithmetic. In his article on Predicativity (https://math.stanford.edu/~feferman/papers/predicativity.pdf <https://math.stanford.edu/~feferman/papers/predicativity.pdf>), he says