[FOM] questions re Axiom of Choice

Mitchell Spector spector at alum.mit.edu
Sun Feb 24 02:45:50 EST 2019

I need to correct a mistake I made in the previous post:

The statement you asked about looks like it may, in fact, be weaker than "Every set of Scott
cardinals has a choice function."  (If your statement is strengthened by requiring that X belong to
c(X), then the two statements are equivalent.)

I would suggest looking at the Jech-Sochor proof or the Pincus proof to see if either method can
actually handle your apparently weaker proposition.

Mitchell