[FOM] A formalization of the theory of grossone?

José Manuel Rodríguez Caballero josephcmac at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:20:45 EST 2019

Dear FOM members,
  We have already discussed the so-called "Sergeyev's theory of grossone"
in this mailing list. I would like to propose a discussion about an attempt
to formalize Sergeyev's theory in the following paper:

Lolli, Gabriele. "Metamathematical investigations on the theory of
grossone." *Applied Mathematics and Computation* 255 (2015): 3-14.
http://wwwinfo.dimes.unical.it/~yaro/Lolli_2_web.pdf

My personal feeling is that the theory of grossone, even if formalized,
does not provide anything new with respect to non-standard analysis. I may
be wrong. So, please correct me if I am missing something.

Kind Regards,
José M.