[FOM] Machine Learning and CH

K. P. Hart k.p.hart at tudelft.nl
Wed Feb 6 04:50:48 EST 2019

On 2/4/19 10:36 PM, Arnon Avron wrote:
> The following article should be of interest to people
> on this list -  especially for those who find it important
> to connect logical undecidability results to problems
> that "real" researchers in math or cs are interested in.
> (To what extent this is indeed the case here I cannot tell.)
>
> https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00083-3
>
> This is the paper to which the article refers:
>
> https://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~shpilka/publications/BDHMSY18.pdf
>

> Arnon Avron

It was discussed on this list a few eeeks ago; that preprint looks
markedly different from the published version
(https://doi.org/10.1038%2Fs42256-018-0002-3).

I wrote some comments here:
https://hartkp.weblog.tudelft.nl/2019/01/11/more-on-machine-learning-and-ch/

KP Hart

--
E-MAIL: K.P.Hart at TUDelft.NL           PAPER: Faculty EEMCS
PHONE:  +31-15-2784572                       TU Delft