[FOM] 回复: Two full positions in foundations of mathematics

Windows Live 2018 world-cyr at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 04:26:12 EST 2019

Dear FOM Editorial Board:

I am a member of the list of FOM. The School of Philosophy at Wuhan University in China seeks applications for two full-time positions available for logicians at the rank of assistant professor/associate professor/full professor beginning Fall 2020. Could you help post this job advertisement on FOM? In the previous email, I attached the advertisement as a speperate file. I realize that maybe it is better that I directly include the text of the advertisement in the email. The following is the advertisement.

===============================

Faculty positions in Mathematical and Philosophical Logic, Wuhan (China)

Wuhan University, China

The School of Philosophy of Wuhan University plans to establish a research center for Modern Logic and Philosophy of Science. For the development of the center, the School of Philosophy seeks applications for two full-time positions available for logicians at the rank of assistant professor/associate professor/full professor beginning Fall 2020.

The ideal candidate has a research focus in logical foundations of mathematics or computer science. This includes but is not limited to Meta-mathematics of Arithmetic and Set Theory, Proof Theory, Computability Theory, Model Theory, Logic in Computer Science, Philosophical Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics.

We are particularly interested in candidates who bridge philosophy, mathematics, and computer science. Wuhan University strongly supports interdisciplinary and collaborative research, and we encourage individuals from diverse intellectual and scientific backgrounds to apply. Candidates are also expected to actively collaborate with research groups in the Center for Modern Logic and Philosophy of Science. The teaching load is low (each term at most one course) and classes can be taught in English, and the latter is also the academic language of the center.

Wuhan is the capital and largest city of the Chinese province of Hubei. Wuhan today is considered as the political, economic, financial, commercial, cultural and educational center of Central China. For more information about Wuhan, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan

Wuhan University is one of top universities in China, one of the most beautiful universities in China and an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Wuhan University, see https://en.whu.edu.cn/

Currently, the School of Philosophy of Wuhan University is highly international with 11 foreign faculties in analytical philosophy from Australia, United States, Germany, Canada, and Italy: three full professors, two associate professors and six postdoctoral researchers. For more information about the School of Philosophy, see: https://www.whu.edu.cn/phi

The successful applicants will have access to generous funding support from both the school and university. The work contract can be renewed when it becomes due. Applications received by February 9, 2020 will be given priority. They should include: a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, research statement, list of publications. Applications should be submitted electronically to Yong Cheng at world-cyr at hotmail.com

Yong Cheng

School of Philosophy

Wuhan University

Wuhan 430072 Hubei, China

Is this OK for you? If you have any question, just let me know.
Thank you very much in advance.
Best wishes,

Yong Cheng

School of Philosophy