[FOM] Are there some more pure type system checkers available?

Frédéric Blanqui frederic.blanqui at inria.fr
Mon Oct 1 08:32:44 EDT 2018

Hello.

You can also use Dedukti (https://deducteam.github.io/) or its new
implementation Lambdapi (https://github.com/rlepigre/lambdapi) through
some shallow encoding. Dedukti and Lambdapi are implementations of the
lambda-Pi-calculus modulo rewriting. So it includes simple and dependent
types, and objects and types can be defined by rewrite rules.
Polymorphism can be encoded using type-level rewriting. For theoretical
details, see:

- Embedding pure type systems in the lambda-Pi-calculus modulo, D.
Cousineau and G. Dowek, TLCA'07, http://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-73228-0_9.

- A framework for defining computational higher-order logics, A. Assaf,
PhD thesis, 2015, https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-01235303/.

- Dedukti: a Logical Framework based on the $\lambda\Pi$-Calculus Modulo
Theory, A. Assaf and G. Burel and R. Cauderlier and D. Delahaye and G.
Dowek and C. Dubois and F. Gilbert and P. Halmagrand and O. Hermant and
R. Saillard, http://lsv.fr/~dowek/Publi/expressing.pdf.

Best regards,

Frédéric.