[FOM] 629: Boolean Algebra/Simplicity

Matthew Szudzik mszudzik at szudzik.com
Wed Jun 20 20:47:26 EDT 2018

In a previous posting to this mailing list

 https://cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2015-October/019220.html

I wrote about the provably smallest single axiom for Boolean algebra
that can be expressed using only the nand operation, and I stated that

 "Wolfram was not able to prove that the single axiom was, in fact, an
 axiom for Boolean algebra.  Instead, that was done by Bob Veroff."

But I have recently become aware of additional facts, and I wish to
officially retract the above statement.  If I were to write that post
today, I would cite

 http://wolframscience.com/nks/notes-12-9--searching-for-logic-axioms

instead.  System (g), mentioned on that page, is the aforementioned
single axiom.