[FOM] proof-relevance in number theory

José Manuel Rodriguez Caballero josephcmac at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:21:10 EDT 2018

Dear FOM members,
There are infinitely many prime numbers, but also there are infinitely many ways to prove this fact, using algebra, analysis and even abstract topology. My question is: Is there a proof-relevant foundation of mathematics where the distinction between Euclid elementary proof and Euler analytical proof is detected by the theory by mean of some invariant? Of course, there are proof-relevant type theories, but I don’t know if they are fine enough to detect differences between algebra and analysis.
Sincerely yours,
Jose M.