[FOM] Workshop on Ramsey Theory and Computability Theory

Ludovic Patey ludovic.patey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 03:19:52 EST 2018

Dear All,

A Workshop on Ramsey Theory and Computability Theory will be held in
Rome, Italy, July 9-13, 2018.

The intention of the workshop is to bring together researchers in
Ramsey theory, computability theory, and related areas in
combinatorics and logic, to share ideas and results, and to begin or
continue collaborations. To this end, the workshop will combine talks
with free time for discussions and collaboration.

Confirmed speakers thus far include:

- Lorenzo Carlucci (Rome)
- Mauro Di Nasso (Pisa)
- Nicola Galesi (Rome)
- Jeff Hirst (Appalachian State)
- Wei Li (Vienna)
- Alberto Marcone (Udine)
- Arno Pauly (Swansea)
- Paul Shafer (Leeds)
- Silvia Stelia (Bern)
- Henry Towsner (Pennsylvania)

This workshop is organized by Peter Cholak, and the program committee
consists of Lorenzo Carclucci, Peter Cholak (chair), Damir Dzhafarov,
Denis Hirschfeldt, and Ludovic Patey. It will be held at the
University of Notre Dame's Rome Global Gateway, one block from the
Colosseum.

Full details for the workshop can be found at

http://rome2018.computabilitytheory.com

To apply to attend, please visit the website and click on
"Registration" to complete the online form. There is limited space at
the venue, but we will try to accomodate as many people as possible.
Please indicate whether you are interested in giving a talk.

We particularly encourage participation by women, members of other
groups underrepresented in the mathematical sciences, graduate
students, and other early-career researchers.

Limited funding is available at this time, with support from Notre
Dame Research, the Center for Mathematics at Notre Dame, the Notre
Dame College of Science, and the Notre Dame Department of Mathematics.
We anticipate the possibility of further funding. If you would like to
request funding, please indicate so in the registration form.

Please circulate this announcement, and apologies for duplicate postings.

Best,

        The organizers