[FOM] proof assistants and foundations of mathematics

Frédéric Blanqui frederic.blanqui at inria.fr
Tue Aug 21 03:58:58 EDT 2018

Hello.

Another such system is Dedukti (https://deducteam.github.io/). It is
based on LF + a user-defined (decidable) congruence on objects and types
given by rewrite rules. The point is to replace axioms by rewrite rules
as much as possible. For instance, Peano arithmetic, HOL, some subset of
ZF, functional pure type systems (PTS) including system F, Fw, CC, CIC,
etc. can be encoded into a Dedukti theory with no axiom but rewrite
rules. See http://www.lsv.fr/~dowek/Publi/expressing.pdf for more details.

But, currently, Dedukti is just a proof/type checker. It has very little
support for interactive proof development. Instead, it comes with
additional tools for translating proofs developed elsewhere to Dedukti,
and from Dedukti to other provers. For instance, Krajono
(http://deducteam.gforge.inria.fr/krajono/index.html) translates Matita
(a clone of Coq) proofs into Dedukti proofs; Holide
(http://deducteam.gforge.inria.fr/holide/index.html) translates
OpenTheory proofs (from HOL, HOL-Light, etc.) into Dedukti proofs.
François Thiré (http://www.lsv.fr/~fthire/) is developing tools for
automatically translating Matita proofs into HOL. And an extension of
Dedukti allowing the interactive development of proofs is under
development (https://github.com/rlepigre/lambdapi).

Frédéric.