[FOM] Gradation of truth and its algebraic foundations

Patrik Eklund peklund at cs.umu.se
Mon Aug 20 01:51:14 EDT 2018

A number of postings apparently aim to draw attention to uncertainty and
operation related with uncertainty.

When discussion gradation of truth and uncertanties more formally, and
the algebraic foundations of it in particular, as e.g. for the purpose
of logical constructions, you may find this book interesting:

   https://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319789477

It's been out since June this year.

This is the source which has been underlying my comments and postings at
FOM e.g. on many-valuedness, both its foundations as well as its
applications.

Roughly it can be seen to implicitly include an indication about how
"logic over set theory (category of sets and functions)" can only be so
and so, whereas "logic over monoidal categories" provides enrichment.
 From application point of view, there is a brief section also about what
might happen in the case of computation (automata) when we see it in
light of modules.

Best,

Patrik